Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Transfer AppleCare Plus to iPhone 5

1953 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 17, 2012 12:12 AM by andsoitgoes RSS
DJChad Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 16, 2012 9:33 PM

I bought a used iPhone 4S 64GB on eBay with AppleCare Plus included.  It shows on the Apple site when I sign in to my AppleID.  Does that make it officially in my name?

I am curious because I may trade in my 4S 64GB at the Sprint Store for an iPhone 5 64GB.  They offer $300 out right off the purchase price and I just pay the delta of $99.  I know I could get more by seeking out right on eBay but consider most don't go for the 64GB model and after fees & shipping, I don't think it'll amount to enough for the hassle.

I read that you can't transfer ACP to another phone but Apple will prorate a refund.  Does anyone know how that works toward a new ACP or if you can transfer the remainder to the new iPhone?

Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3, iPhone 4S Coming

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.