Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i connect my powerbook g4 to wifi

I recently got a power book g4 off of a friend but it wont connect to my wifi. it can detect it but when i type in the wpa personal it says that there was an error joining the airport network"TELUS1300" how do i connect?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.0.x), none

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:03 AM

If you have the 400mHz version, it is not equipped to connect to a WPA encrypt but it has limited options. I actually own this version and have sucessfully connectd mine to the internet using ETHERNET. ethernet is a built in internet modem inside your laptop. To connect tot he internet throught ehternet you need an ethernet cable. If you have wifi from AT&T then you will have an ethernet cable included. it is a grey cable that connects kind of like a usb cable to you lap top. The down side of dioung this is that you mus be with in range of the cable to the modem. If you haven anymore questions feel free to ask :)

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2012 8:03 AM in response to roemerman

If you have the 400mHz version, it is not equipped to connect to a WPA encrypt but it has limited options. I actually own this version and have sucessfully connectd mine to the internet using ETHERNET. ethernet is a built in internet modem inside your laptop. To connect tot he internet throught ehternet you need an ethernet cable. If you have wifi from AT&T then you will have an ethernet cable included. it is a grey cable that connects kind of like a usb cable to you lap top. The down side of dioung this is that you mus be with in range of the cable to the modem. If you haven anymore questions feel free to ask :)

Mar 18, 2013 7:18 PM in response to roemerman

You could try booting your computer with the Option, Cmd, O (letter o, that is) and F keys all held down while it chimes the boot. This should boot into Open Firmware, in which it presents you with a command line prompt. If you can see the prompt then your hardware is probably OK, and it is a software issue. If you can't see the prompt then your hardware is likely hosed; sometimes people can still use their computer when this happens by connecting an external display before boot, and leaving the lid down.

If it is a software issue then you may need to reinstall the operating system from the restore disk.

Kurt

how do i connect my powerbook g4 to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.