Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another iTunes Match Step 3 upload question

iTunes Match keeps failing on Step 3: Uploading artwork and remaining songs.

It completes steps 1 and 2, but then shortly after it starts step 3, my cable modem acts as if it has lost connectivity (lights go dim), Airport Extreme goes blinky yellow, and then both recover. If they can recover before iTunes Match times out, then the process continues; otherwise, the Stop button changes to Start, and I have to start over from step 1. The last attempt was a relatively big one--I got 67 items to upload.

My cable modem/Airport Extreme work flawlessly otherwise; this happens only during Step 3. I removed and reapplied power to both the cable modem and Airport Extreme, and I restarted the computer. What is going on here, and is there any way to keep iTunes Match from timing out (can the timeout interval be changed)?

Why is it necessary to keep repeating steps 1 and 2? The software should know where to resume. I have 4800 items to upload, and this is going to take forever. Not a good impression.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2 GB RAM; 69 GB drive space avail.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 10:34 PM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2012 11:57 PM in response to Michael Eisenman

More information. I'm directly connected to cable modem (and have been), so Airport Extreme is not in the picture, other than that it's still running for my iPad and iPhone to connect to the Interwebs.

Whenever Match stops when trying to upload a song, I find the album and delete it. Then I start over. I now have half of my connection matched and a very small part of the rest uploaded. If I keep deleting albums, I guess my problem will be solved because there will be nothing to upload. I don't think this is how Match is supposed to work.

It's been all of a day since I signed up, and I've spent hours trying to resolve this. Is there any documentation beyond the feeble "Troubleshooting iTunes Match" document? It's not crashing, so I don't have any errors to refer to. It just hangs and then stops.

Another iTunes Match Step 3 upload question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.