Skip navigation

Bug found when Lion goes to sleep with a keyboard switched to another language

215 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 2:48 PM by Skepticus RSS
Skepticus Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 16, 2012 10:07 PM

I have now come several times come across what appears to be an easy reproductible bug, which occurs when Lion goes to sleep with a keyboard switched to another language (mostly European languages).

I am using several keyboard including the U.S. standard keyboard, the Swiss French keyboard, the Japanese keyboard, and Asian extended keyboard (a nonstandard keyboard not provided by Apple).

When I am writing text in French using the Swiss French keyboard and my Mac goes to sleep, I need to input my admin password to wake it up because I have chosen this option in Security & Privacy. The problem is that some keys are in different locations because of the different keyboard. Thus, my computer rejects the password ad infinitum, and I finally have to force it to shut down. Once it reboots, the problem is over because the same bug does not persist in the login screen.

I am surprised nobody seems to have run into this problem before. Or am I missing something?

Either a solution (other than simply having a PW that remains the same whatever the keyboard) or an acknowledgement that this is indeed a bug would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

P.S.: The same bug occurs on my iMac and on MacBook Pro, which both have Lion 10.7.4 installed.

iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo and MacBook Pro 17" 2.66 GHz Intel Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.1)
  • Tom Gewecke Level 9 Level 9 (70,900 points)

You aren't talking to Apple here, just other users like yourself.  The channel to report bugs is

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

In system preferences/users & groups/login options, have you checked the box for Show Input Menu at Login Page?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.