Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine creating new backup, deleting old

There goes my backup once again - Time Machine is deleting the old backup and creating new because of the reliability issue...

This began app a year ago, then backup was working continously in the spring, but now I have problems again for two weeks. There is something strange that it is always a two-week period that the old backups are kept...

Upgrading to Mountain Lion did not cause this, neither did the update to Lion - the problem existed in Snow Leopard too around the time Lion was released.

I re-installed everything with Lion, and when this did not help - bought a new TimeCapsule because of a suggestion at support communities.

I am now an unhappy owner of TWO TimeCapsules + an external HD for an additional CCC-backup...

Anybody else? Any tricks to solve this windows-like phenomena???

TimeCapsule 2TB (4th gen.)-OTHER

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 2:06 AM

2 replies

Sep 17, 2012 2:24 AM in response to AnaMusic

Well, thanks...

Is it usefull to know that you must do a new backup? There is nothing about solving the problem in Pondini's page, OR at Apple article HT4076. Solving the problem is something that Apple should address to, not me. I just want things to work and feel safe in recovering my files, including accidentally deleted data.

A year ago there were MANY of us with the same problem.... not just me and my two macs.

Btw, my permissions and disk are fine according to disk utility. They were fine a year ago as well.

Time Machine creating new backup, deleting old

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.