Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New bug introduced with Keynote 5.2 - Set timing and order of each build has stopped working properly on Smart Builds

Hi there,

We're heavy users of Keynote and have noticed a new bug has recently been introduced into something that was stable. I think it has emerged in Keynote 5.2, could have been Keynote 5.1 also.

It's in the area of Set Timing and Order of each build when used on a Smartbuild. You can no longer set the Start Build field for each instance within the Smart build when the instances are interspersed between other items. The Start build field is just blank and unselectable.

To see this :

1. Create a bullet point list with 4 lines

2. Set build to Appear

3. Set "Set Timing and Order of each Build" to on

4. Create a Smart Build - set to flip

5. On the Smart Build Set "Set Timing and Order of each Build" to on

5. re-order the items in your Build Order so that they alternate between the bullet point and the smart build flip

At this point, you used to be able to set the bullets so that they Started on Click and then set the smart builds to Start with previous. This gave you a nice and very useful effect where you could click to reveal a bullet point and at the same time flip in a corresponding image. We've used this loads of times in our company presentations.

With a recent keynote update ( I think 5.2 maybe, could have been 5.1) this functinality has been lost. have tried it on Lion and Mountain Lion and it's not an OS issue, its a Keynote issue.

Could anyone from Apple acknowledge that they know the issue and suggest if it will get fixed? Right now we're hunting round for an old Keynote 9 DVD so we can install a pre build 5.2 version.

Thanks

Keynote 9.0 Version 5.2-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 7:09 AM

1 reply

Oct 11, 2012 5:37 AM in response to glennelliott72

Hi glennelliott72,

I've noticed the bug you describe and to me it's very irritating.

I also found some differences in the build menu between the last release and the previous one, and between the Mac OS X and iOS versions. For instance, the blast build doesn't exist anymore in Keynote 5.2 but it's still in the version for iOS 6.

What is your experience about?

I currently use OX Lion.

Thank you

New bug introduced with Keynote 5.2 - Set timing and order of each build has stopped working properly on Smart Builds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.