Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have to print/email pdf twice

Since I upgraded to Mountain Lion I have noticed that the first time I use Print .../Mail PDF nothing happens but if I repeat it, then it sends the pdf to Mail.

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 9:35 AM

10 replies

Sep 18, 2012 9:09 AM in response to John Blanchard1

It's not clear to me without a lot of testing. It happens with Pages since I regularly use it to send PDFs. I just tried doing so and I had to make 2 attempts. Then I tried to print from Firefox and it did so on first attempt but that was after I had tried with Pages so I can't tell for sure. I just did another test and this time it worked BUT I wonder if it is related to fact that I saved the file which I did not do before ... it was untitled. I often do that when I am working on a document.

Oct 17, 2012 10:29 AM in response to Patricia W

I did a search for "takes two attempts to print apple mail to pdf" and found this thread. I guess Mail is not the only app this bug is in since Mountain Lion.

I found it after I clicked Print To PDF and close the web browser page with the one-time information Safari was showing. Now I am finding since Mountain Lion that in many cases I have to print twice for a document to go as PDF by mail or be saved as a PDF.

Very frustrating and data loss danger posing issue.

Thanks/

Imran

Have to print/email pdf twice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.