5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 2:28 AM by Liam Shield
MacNewb969 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm using a MacBook Pro 13", running OS Mountain Lion.  I applied the latest upgrade to iTunes this morning.  Ever since, I cannot sync any music to my devices.  It will just stall and then time out.

Frustrated, and hoping Apple will come out with a fix soon for this glitchy update to iTunes (prefereably before the October release of iTunes 11).  I don't want to wait 2 weeks to be able to sync music to my devices.

Help, please, if you found a way around this problem.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)
  • JRB15 Level 1 (0 points)

I jsut started experiencing issue after installing iTunes 10.7 (21) it now shows significant "other" data and won't sync.  Was just fine before the update.

• MacNewb969 Level 1 (0 points)

I downloaded iTunes 10.7 from the iTunes Store (to make sure I had the absolute latest version), and I still cannot add music to my iPhone 4s, or my kids' iPod Touch 4's.  I can sync apps and onther info to these devices, but it lags indefinitely when I try to add new music (including podcasts) to any of these.

On a side note, I was able to sync my iPod nano (a couple of years old) without problem.  It's the newer devices that are not allowing for the transfer of music.

Frustrated.

Any suggestions?

• Rowdy-Wear Level 1 (0 points)

Add another one to the list. Upgraded to 10.7 and now my iPhone 4s will not sync my music library.

****! I should have known better than to do an iTunes upgrade, but I don't even remember being asked!

This is unbelievably frustrating!!

Any help would be appreciated (especially talking to you APPLE!).

• MacNewb969 Level 1 (0 points)

I did a 'work around' by starting to use iMatch again (to sync my music).  I suspect that one of the issues was around syncing podcasts, which is now a separate app (with OS 6).  Since upgrading my operating system on all devices, the problem does seem to be resolved.  However, I have not tried to do any syncing of music to my iPhone 4s or iPad 2 (except for via iMatch).

Others struggling with this:  make sure you upgrade to OS 6, and use iMatch (if you have it) to sync your music.

• Liam Shield Level 1 (0 points)

I have a similar problem with my iPad 3rd generation (which is brand new). I updated everything to make sure I was up to date and now when I try to sync music, iTunes crashes and I have to CtrlAltDelete to close it down. I can't even wi-fi sync as it just doesn't do anything, apart from wirelessly crash my iTunes xD