Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10.7 (21) Unable to sync music to iPhone 4s, and iPad 2 since upgrade

I'm using a MacBook Pro 13", running OS Mountain Lion. I applied the latest upgrade to iTunes this morning. Ever since, I cannot sync any music to my devices. It will just stall and then time out.

Frustrated, and hoping Apple will come out with a fix soon for this glitchy update to iTunes (prefereably before the October release of iTunes 11). I don't want to wait 2 weeks to be able to sync music to my devices.

Help, please, if you found a way around this problem.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:51 AM

5 replies

Sep 20, 2012 6:47 AM in response to MacNewb969

I downloaded iTunes 10.7 from the iTunes Store (to make sure I had the absolute latest version), and I still cannot add music to my iPhone 4s, or my kids' iPod Touch 4's. I can sync apps and onther info to these devices, but it lags indefinitely when I try to add new music (including podcasts) to any of these.

On a side note, I was able to sync my iPod nano (a couple of years old) without problem. It's the newer devices that are not allowing for the transfer of music.

Frustrated.

Any suggestions?

Oct 19, 2012 9:11 AM in response to MacNewb969

I did a 'work around' by starting to use iMatch again (to sync my music). I suspect that one of the issues was around syncing podcasts, which is now a separate app (with OS 6). Since upgrading my operating system on all devices, the problem does seem to be resolved. However, I have not tried to do any syncing of music to my iPhone 4s or iPad 2 (except for via iMatch).

Others struggling with this: make sure you upgrade to OS 6, and use iMatch (if you have it) to sync your music.

iTunes 10.7 (21) Unable to sync music to iPhone 4s, and iPad 2 since upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.