Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 2nd generation Ipod Classic , I need to restore it to original and them reload music from my itunes from my macbook pro, previously it was sync'd with my PC. It states that I need to connect it using Firewire to restore, is there an alternative

I would like to restore a very old IPOD classic 20GB to original so that I can sync with my macbook pro. The restore is requesting a firewire connection but I dont have firewire on my macbook; is there an alternative? and can I get the format changed from Windows to Mac?

iPod classic, iOS 2.x

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:43 AM

12 replies

Sep 19, 2012 4:00 AM in response to sbiring

Altough all the steps you have advised are required/useful the thing that made the difference was the firewire. I got round the issue by plugging the firewire into a power outlet socket and the usb into my mackbook and no errors have been found thus far.I will update once all the updates have completed aswell. Thanks for all your help. S

I have a 2nd generation Ipod Classic , I need to restore it to original and them reload music from my itunes from my macbook pro, previously it was sync'd with my PC. It states that I need to connect it using Firewire to restore, is there an alternative

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.