Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Embedded attachments

Often, when I send attachments through Mac Mail to Windows users, they become embedded in the email message, and recipients complain that they cannot extract them for use. I always send attachemnts as windows friendly but the problem persists. Any explanations and solutions? I am using Mountain Lion.

iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.5.8), The OS is that of the laptop

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 11:53 AM

2 replies

Sep 18, 2012 3:12 AM in response to dapah

Someone has suggested a bit of 3rd party software called Attachment Tamer, but I've not tried it yet. Others are less keen on this App, so I'm waiting to see if any better ideas come up. What I find strange is that it only happens to a few, and for them, one thing which seems to work is to send any attachments on their own - no words at all. None of this makes much sense, but maybe someone will be able to tell us what is going on, and maybe Apple will recognise the issue and do something themselves. Fingers crossed

Embedded attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.