Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod complications. Please answer.

Hello!

So, my iPod is from 2005, a generation of Classic I believe, a 32 GB. I love it to death because it's large enough to hold all of my music, but recently, it has been acting up. When in the car, just trying to get it to play, the screen would freeze up and not play at all. I'd restart it, only to get the same thing. It would only freeze up when I got to play the song though, not scanning through the songs or anything like that.

I figured it just needed to sync to my computer. I've gotten a new computer, but I've plugged it into this one before to sync music and charge it, and it worked perfectly fine then. Now, it shows that while being plugged in, it's charging. There's a 'Do Not Disconnect' flashing on the screen. However, my iTunes freezes up completely when I plug it in and won't recognize it's even there, or play music on the iTunes itself. Then I unplug the cord and it'll suddenly come to life again. But it's not recognizing my iPod as existing.

And even my computer isn't. It's saying I need to format drive G. But then while it's plugged in, it won't let me do that, either!

I just don't know what to do right now and I really hope I'm not losing my iPod. 😟 Because that would be extremely unfortunate, seeing as I've had this one so long and I cannot afford another one being a college student.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out at all.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 3:29 PM

3 replies

iPod complications. Please answer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.