Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App purchase will not resume download

Hello,

Over the weekend, I purchased Deus Ex from the App Store. This is a huge, 16GB download.

The problem is that I live overseas, and I have limited bandwidth - but it is unlimited between 2 AM - 8 AM. I am trying to download the app during that time. The first night I downloaded, I got 12GB done, paused it, and waited for the next night. The next night, I hit "resume" at 2 AM. The App Store said that it was downloading, and my internet monitored that I was downloading at about 5 Mbps, but the progress bar in the App Store did not indicate anything was happening. When I woke up the next morning, my monitor indicated I had downloaded 4GB of data (exactly what I needed for the app), and I had a message saying that app failed to download.

I restarted last night. Got just under 12 GB done, paused, and waited for tonight. Same thing is happening? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 5:05 PM

1 reply

App purchase will not resume download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.