Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages and font issues

This app says that Pages support Microsoft Word (docx) documents, if that's the case, why is it that everytime I edit a document in microst office word for Mac, upload it to my iCloud's account and try to edit it in Pages, I keep on getting missing fonts & the format changes whenever I export the same document back into Microsoft word?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 6:00 PM

5 replies

Sep 17, 2012 6:10 PM in response to mcholas

If you want to avoid missing fonts messages, you have to make sure you only use fonts that are present on the iPhone. Perhaps you have not done that? One list is at

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4980

Your expecations about "support" are probably unrealistic. Format changes are par for the course when moving between apps as different as Pages and Word. You might want to try instead one of the various apps that are designed for maximum compatibiltiy with MS stuff.

Sep 18, 2012 4:31 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Ok, so I've tried the font list provided and still, Pages on my iPhone insist that there are fonts missing and will be replaced by another fonts even though the fonts that Pages claims to be missing is not being used by Word. Some of the supported fonts I've use was Ariel, Helvetica, Courier, Courier New and Pages warn me about the missing font Times is being replaced by TimesNewRoman...and I'm not using font Times.

Also, why does Pages double space line even though I've single space on my document? I don't know of any other Apps that supports Word as well as iClouds at the same time.

Pages and font issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.