Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection timeout occured (MB Pro mid 2012)

Hello everybody

bought in June (or was it in July) the new MacBook Pro with IvyBridge CPU

Since there i have extreme WLAN Problems

My Book looses the WLAN very often, then it says a connection timeout occured when reconnecting to the wlan.

Next isssue: I have full signal, but i have ping timeouts to my Router (old FritzBox 7370 and now T-Home Speedport w506b)

Changing the router doesn't fix the problem.

Changing the frequenzy of my WLAN doesn't fix the problem

Changing the WLAN Mode to B+G fix it, but only for 30 Minutes, after that -> same Problem again, extreme highly Ping to my router, then wlan loss an connection timeout

What can i do? The Book is only a few Month old?

My old Macbook unibody late 2009 still connecting without problems

Iphone and iPad still connection too without problems?

Oh i forgot: I have mountain Lion 10.8.1

Greetings

chris

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 11:44 PM

3 replies

Sep 17, 2012 11:51 PM in response to chrisbl378

Have you tried connecting directly to the router using Ethernet? Is it only the wifi connection that has the timeouts? I don't know a thing about your router - I've only had Cisco/Linksys and Apple Airport Extremes in my lifetime...

There should be a reset button on the back of your cable/DSL modem - have you tried resetting the modem? Tried resetting the router to factory settings?

These are the only suggestions I can offer - with all but one of my routers, it was just plug-and-play...

Clinton

Sep 18, 2012 12:09 AM in response to chrisbl378

I'm no network expert - perhaps one will come along. The only thing that I can think that you might do is to take your machine back to your local Apple Store and try connecting to thier wifi network. If you can connect with no timeouts, then the problem may be with your router (somehow).

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help - I had a 3-year-old Cisco/Lynksys crap out on me and I just purchased a new AirPort Extreme (5th generation) and it's worked flawlessly. Not only can I connect inside of my apartment, but the signal carries to about 46 meters outside of the building.

Clinton

Connection timeout occured (MB Pro mid 2012)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.