Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dymo 330 Turbo will not install after upgrade to 10.4.6

I installed the Dymo software 7.5.1 for the Intel Mac and the Dymo printer does not find an appropriate driver on the first window. Then I choose the additional printers button and the Dymo printer is not in the window under the Dymo Duo selection. This worked fine on another computer with 10.4.5. I have deleted the printer cache file and reinstalled the software and even tried the suggestion from Dymo to remove all files from /Library/Printers/ except for Dymo, PPDs, and PPD Plugins. None of these worked.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

iMac Intel, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Apr 4, 2006 9:55 AM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2006 11:45 AM in response to GregCAZ

We are also having issues with our Dymo 330 (not turbo). However, ours will print but it skips about halfway into the next label after printing one label correctly. Very strange. If you print multiple labels, it will print a couple correctly and then jump halfway down the next again.

Of course the driver is a beta, so I'm not sure how much I should expect.

Apr 26, 2006 12:01 PM in response to Lewis Riley

I had the same problem with my Turbo 330. Tried everything.

Finally sent it back to DYMO for a firmware update. The turnaround was quick and it works fine now. Got the info off the support section of their website which I am pasting below:

In this case, the LabelWriter requires a firmware update. Once the firmware has been updated, you'll be able to add the LabelWriter to the Printer List in Mac OS X. This issue only affects certain models of the DYMO LabelWriter 330 and DYMO LabelWriter 330 Turbo.

There are two options for obtaining a firmware update. You can flash update the LabelWriter's firmware if you have access to a Windows-based PC with an available serial port. If you do not have access to a Windows-based PC with an available serial port, you'll need to contact DYMO Technical Support to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number so DYMO can update the LabelWriter's firmware for you. Below are instructions on how to proceed with both options:

Flash Updating the Firmware:

1. Disconnect your LabelWriter from the Macintosh. Connect it to an available serial port on a Windows-based PC, using the serial cable that was packaged with the LabelWriter.
2. Note the model number of the LabelWriter you have. The model number is located underneath the LabelWriter.
3. Go to ftp.dymo.com and double-click on the Printer Updates folder. In Windows, download and install the appropriate firmware update utility for your LabelWriter.

Dymo 330 Turbo will not install after upgrade to 10.4.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.