Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

whenn does ios 6 come out

i was just wondering when ios 6 comes out cos i have been waiting and i realy want siri on my "the new ipad"

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 3:48 AM

Wednesday, September 19th. No specific time has been given.

48 replies

Sep 18, 2012 4:12 AM in response to leptiptidium

No, it has been an issue with the last few updates of iOS and Mac OS X...first few days are really, really slow unless you manage to catch a time block where the load just happens to be low. Remember you are on the other side of the international date line and Sept 19 there is still Sept 18 here in the US...as stedman alludes to Pacific time zone.

Sep 18, 2012 5:50 AM in response to leptiptidium

Installing any new operating system can run into problems, like hanging up during the install. I have not seen any issues with previous iOS installs...backup goes smoothly, installation, and restoring of personal material have been good for me. There can be slowdowns if users have a great deal of personal data, such as music, and a large number of apps. Large content can slow the process down.

Before you start the download, double click the home button, then dismiss all apps shown on the dock across the bottom. Then do a soft reset by holding both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, ignore the red slider, and the unit restarts. I have found those two to help the process by cleaning up anything running in the background and resetting the iOS before doing a download and install. Really just following some good housekeeping practices to help the installation.

Sep 18, 2012 5:55 AM in response to leptiptidium

It's software. Glitches can occur, and can take any number of forms. I personally have never encountered one with updating iOS, but there is always the possiblity due to dropped connections and such.

For the last couple of updates, it would appear the servers became a little overwhelmed due to volume when the update was released. Not surprising considering the number of iOS devices out there world wide. You may be able to download and install with no issue, or you may get some timeouts. No way to tell for sure on an individual basis, hence the suggestion to perhaps wait a little, maybe a day or two.

As of right now (US east coast, 8:50AM), it doesn't appear the update is released.

whenn does ios 6 come out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.