Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hold for authentication

Hi guys

I have tried everything to add my mac to a network printer. It just gets stuck at a message saying "hold for authentication".

I've installed the KYOCERA driver and referred to that when I added the printer (I selected windows, then workgroup , then the pc & then the printer).

I selected guest when I added it. As far as my brother is aware he has no passwords enable on the network, I've even tried his pc's username with no password (he doesn't have a password to log in to windows) - but this didn't work either.

After the error of "hold for authentication" if I click the refresh icon, a message pops up saying "Enter your name and password for the printer Kyocera Fs-1128mfp. Then it only gives an option for a. Registered user where I then have to specify a name and password, or alternatively, b. use an apple ID. I've tried both these approaches and it doesn't work.

Any help will be much appreciated - if you need more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you

RuTheLYcan

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:00 AM

There are no replies.

hold for authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.