Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help to redirect caches using Profile Manager

We are moving from Workgroup Manager to Profile Manager to manage users and clients.

Using Workgroup Manager our 10.8 server is able to shift user caches from the userhome on the server to the client the user is on using :

action : deleteAndCreateSymLink

destpath : /tmp/%@/Library/Caches

path : ~/Library/Caches

This is all set up using Workgroup Manager and was just selected from the options.

I would like to set up the same redirect for users on the Profile Manager manged clients but do not know where to begin. I am hoping to set this up for our one device group so that the redirect happens for all users who login to each client in the group. I am guessing that a plist needs to be added under "custom settings," however I am only guessing.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks - Erich

OS X Server

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2014 12:19 PM

The answer is here:

Network Home Folder Redirection with Profile Manager?

3 replies

Help to redirect caches using Profile Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.