Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes Default to a Previous Sync?

Syncing my iPhone with my iTunes account on my computer so that I can transfer some digital downloads of movies and music ripped from a CD that weren't added back to my phone when I restored from an iCloud backup (since it isn't material that's backed up to iCloud). Attempting to sync my iPhone with iTunes has the "Apps" tab of my iPhone under "Devices" default to a very old sync (when I had purchased my phone in March). Rather than using the most recent app pages layout on my phone, it defaults to a very early sync that, if I were to hit sync, would revert my iPhone's applications to a much older state. An attempt to use the "Revert" button instead of "Apply" seems to result in some sort of error as it appears to attempt to revert, but then then defaults back to giving me the two options and keeping the iTunes app pages as they were months ago. My question is, how can I get iTunes to use the more recent data on my phone to sync, over the previously synced data with iTunes? It clearly appears something is incorrect with the iTunes coding.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 9:56 AM

There are no replies.

Why does iTunes Default to a Previous Sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.