Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes won't print-page black

I had a note going on my iPhone 4 and wanted to print it from my Macbook. I am upgraded to Lion.

I got it all set up but all it printed was a black page. When I opened it in Preview it was also black.

This is new with the new configuration of iCloud. When Notes and Reminders were in Mail I had no problem printing them.

Has anyone had a problem with this? Am I missing something?

Thanks

MacBook

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 11:25 AM

I cannot seem to print iCloud notes directly from a FireFox browser session (multiple versions), though I have been able to from a Safari session (mutiple versions).

I have a MBPro running 10.7.3 (no icloud app); if I log into the "web" version of icloud (FFox 15.0.1) and try to print an icloud note (File -> Print) from the browser window, all that comes up (print, or "open PDF in Preview") is a blacked page, no note. If I open Safari (5.1.5) AND make sure the cursor is active in the actual note frame, then File -> Print actually works.

Another way I can print from iCloud Notes is on another machine in the house running 10.8.1 and the native icloud app, there File-> Print works. Also on this machine, if I open browser (FFox 16.0.1), log into icloud, print from web-based icloud, same problem, prints a black page. If I open another browser (Safari 6.0), AND make sure the cursor is active in the actual note window, then File-> Print actually works.

On an ipad, I don't have print options, as I don't have an airprint-enabled printer (running ios% if that matters, have no desire to upgrade to ios6 yet).

Curses.

[As far as why so many versions of things on different machines, I spend a lot of time in a rural area with 2MBit/s download speeds, which makes major upgrades difficult on multiple platforms.]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2012 11:25 AM in response to mewkiss

I cannot seem to print iCloud notes directly from a FireFox browser session (multiple versions), though I have been able to from a Safari session (mutiple versions).

I have a MBPro running 10.7.3 (no icloud app); if I log into the "web" version of icloud (FFox 15.0.1) and try to print an icloud note (File -> Print) from the browser window, all that comes up (print, or "open PDF in Preview") is a blacked page, no note. If I open Safari (5.1.5) AND make sure the cursor is active in the actual note frame, then File -> Print actually works.

Another way I can print from iCloud Notes is on another machine in the house running 10.8.1 and the native icloud app, there File-> Print works. Also on this machine, if I open browser (FFox 16.0.1), log into icloud, print from web-based icloud, same problem, prints a black page. If I open another browser (Safari 6.0), AND make sure the cursor is active in the actual note window, then File-> Print actually works.

On an ipad, I don't have print options, as I don't have an airprint-enabled printer (running ios% if that matters, have no desire to upgrade to ios6 yet).

Curses.

[As far as why so many versions of things on different machines, I spend a lot of time in a rural area with 2MBit/s download speeds, which makes major upgrades difficult on multiple platforms.]

Notes won't print-page black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.