Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match Deletes all Music from all devices

My wife purchased and turned on iTunes match last night. She did this through her iPad and then turned iTunes match on on her HP Laptop. All of her music is now gone on all her devices. She had aprox 500 songs on her iPad which are now gone. Is there a way to restore music from an iPhone or iPad back up? Is there a way to recover the music from the cloud or another source. Maybe if I understand how the music was erased I can find it?. Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 3:33 PM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2012 5:54 PM in response to vazandrew

I'll double check with my wife but I am pretty sure she said that she set up iTunes Match on her iPad. IF she did somehow and it erased all the music because it should have been done on her laptop first then Apple's got some serious issues to deal with. They shouldn't let you set it up on an iPad or other device is your laptop is going to erase everything. Think they'll re-imberss me the thousands of dollars it cost to buy all the music?

Sep 19, 2012 6:12 PM in response to RSER

You can't, it's a fact. If one tries to enable iTunes Match on an IOS device before subscribing on the computer you will get a message alerting you to 'conect to iTunes on your computer'.

You subscribe via computer and then wait for it to match your entire library. Once everything is matched/uploaded it will be available in the cloud and to your other devices.

Now if she subscribed on the computer, had music on her iPad that wasn't synced, and then enabled iTunes match that's different. That would be the users responsibility though.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4914

iTunes Match Deletes all Music from all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.