Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro iLife bundle is not showing up in App Store

I purchased my latest MacBook Pro in February and had the Apple Store "downgrade" the system to Snow Leopard (due to an older software conflict)

I didn't miss it until now, but just realized that I am missing the iLife bundle - specifically iPhoto I would like now to use.

Looking in the support section, it sounds like the iLife bundle should be found in my App Store, but the Purchase section is completely empty.

I actually do not recall providing my Apple ID when buying the laptop, so not sure how I can get the purchase linked to my App Store now ...

How can I get iPhoto reinstalled on the MacBook Pro if it is not showing in th App Store?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 7:25 PM

7 replies

Sep 19, 2012 7:46 AM in response to HACKINT0SH

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

If a new Mac was ioriginally released with Snow Leopard, even though new ones eventually shipped with Lion, as long as there wasn't a model update, then the Mac is compatible with the older OS.

Sep 19, 2012 8:07 AM in response to J and F__

You lost the bundled apps when the Mac was regressed to Snow Leopard. And, unfortunately, you are now in limbo. When the Apple Store crew regressed your Mac to Snow Leopard, they should have given/sold you the OS X Snow Leopard Install DVDs for your Mac. Those DVDs would have the bundled apps that run on SL.

At this point, unless the Apple Store that sold you the Mac and did the OS regression for you are also willing to assist you with non-MAS copies of the iLife apps, such as getting you the SL install discs, you may have to look at the iLife apps as your sacrifice to have Snow Leopard. In the future, should you decide to install Lion again, you should also be able to recover the iLife apps.

OS X Recovery -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Sep 19, 2012 7:00 PM in response to Dah•veed

I honestly don't even remember the reason why I decided to regress to Snow Leopard ...

I guess earlier this year the vote was still out if everyone really liked Lion - and there was the Rosetta issue.

Question: can I now safely upgrade back to Lion (or even Mountain Lion) or are there still any known compatibility issues?

My main concern: will Microsoft Office 2008 run smoothly ...

MacBook Pro iLife bundle is not showing up in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.