Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multicam crashes

I have 2 cameras. Lets call them A & B.

Cam A starts rolling before Cam B.

I synch up Cam A to Cam B and make a multicam clip.

I edit the multicam clip in the time line.

Cam A runs out before Cam B.

I take my second tape from Cam A and synch it to the end scene on Cam B from my first tape.

I make a multicam clip.

System crashes.

In other software I get the the choice of synching multicam clips to either a front marker or an end

marker. FCPX seems to only allow for a marker therefore I have to make a second long multicam clip just

for a short scene at the end of the first multicam clip. Therefore I am making two very long multicam

clips.

Any suggestions on how to work around this?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 3:39 AM

You don't have to have long multicam clips.

For each clip, mark the an In and an Out point and hit F - this will make that selection a Favorite. It can be any part of the clip you want, and you can even have multiple sections of the same clip as Favorites.

At the top of the event browser, swith from "All Clips" to "Favorites". All your Favorites will appear as if they were separare clips. Create your multicam clips from those.

Alternatively, you can use Keywords to achieve essentially the same effect. All clips marked with the same keyword appear as a "Keyword Collection". Clicking on this keyword collection, you can act as before.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2012 3:39 AM in response to Recovery33

You don't have to have long multicam clips.

For each clip, mark the an In and an Out point and hit F - this will make that selection a Favorite. It can be any part of the clip you want, and you can even have multiple sections of the same clip as Favorites.

At the top of the event browser, swith from "All Clips" to "Favorites". All your Favorites will appear as if they were separare clips. Create your multicam clips from those.

Alternatively, you can use Keywords to achieve essentially the same effect. All clips marked with the same keyword appear as a "Keyword Collection". Clicking on this keyword collection, you can act as before.

multicam crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.