Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari 6 scrolling "blanks" and "freezes"; ML 10.8 sudden "clicks"

I have had a strange issue with "freezing" scroll on Safari over the last few weeks, pretty much since I simultaneously upgraded my MBA from 10.7 / Safari 5 to 10.8 / Safari 6.

Two related problems:

1) I load a Web page, which is longer than a screen. Of course, I try to scroll down, using the arrows, two-finger scroll, or dragging the scrollbar. When I get about 50% of the way down (e.g. if the height of the window is 400px, and the entire page is 2000px, then when I scroll down another 200px or so), there is nothing left. The page is the right size, but I get blank instead of text, images, or any other content.

2) Links become non-clickable. This is especially common on Google search pages, where I try to right-click a link to get it into a new tab, but I cannot click, and the mouse does not change from text icon to pointer icon.

I have no problem in 10.8 using Firefox or Chrome, just Safari 6. I will attach a screen shot to show it.

FWIW, the other issue I have had since 10.8 upgrade has been that I will get unplanned mouse clicks, without warning. E.g. I might be moving my mouse over the dock, using my built-in trackpad, but not pressing down, when all of the sudden the icon it is over will be dragged. Happens also as I scroll through documents, they will suddenly be highlighted. Again, only since upgrading to 10.8.

User uploaded file

Look at the bottom half of the above capture.

Anyone have any ideas? My productivity has taken a serious dive since 10.8 with these three issues, really want to get it back up.

Thanks.

MacBook Air (13-inch Late 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 4:45 AM

1 reply

safari 6 scrolling "blanks" and "freezes"; ML 10.8 sudden "clicks"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.