Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to set a meeting at a different time zone

I have read several letters of users. all try to "trick" the time zones or the meeting times.

This is something to be taken care by Apple.

I live in Israel. When I set a meeting in NYC, I do not want to think on time zones.

I set the meeting to 09:00 and expect to get buzzed at 09:00, in NYC. No matter the time zone I am in.

I want the time zone be updated automatically, as I use the clock of the iPhone for checking the time. I leave my hand watch with the Israeli time zone.

The change of the time in the iPhone, should NOT effect the calander.

I expect that the time zone will be changed automatically and the iPhone to show me the local time, e.g. NYC.

I expect my schedule to remain 09:00. It has nothing to do with the time zones.

Same on the way back to Israel.

I expect Apple to take care about this issue.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:43 AM

6 replies

Sep 19, 2012 8:20 AM in response to ARWillett

Thanks ARwillett.

I try to point out an issue.

If I set a meeting with a friend in the USA, I should NOT strat putting ON/OFF the time zones, or editting the time zones in calander.

I call you to set a meeting to 09:00, on 21.9.2012. I set that meeting in my calander. That all.

When I am in USA I expect the time on my iPhone be updated with the correct time zone, BUT the 09:00 meeting stays at 09:00!!!

I cannot see any logic (if there is, please someone, explain) why it is any other way.

how to set a meeting at a different time zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.