Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb and hidden pages

I am about to build a site on iWeb for a friend who lives overseas. What is the best way of showing them their pages as I work on them? I thought I would put them up as 'hidden pages' on my own site. I have found out how to exclude them from the menu bar but what I don't understand is how I find the address to give my friend so that he can access all of his pages. Can anyone hlep, please?

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:15 AM

2 replies

Sep 19, 2012 9:59 AM in response to Templemeads

First publish the pages at the end of your site with them showing in the navbar. Go to each page and copy and save the URL in the browser's URL field. Then back in iWeb remove those pages from the navbar and republishy.

Now you can email those URLs to your friend so he/she can view the pages directly. Any new changes you make to the pages can be done directly without having to mess with the navbar because you both have the URLs.

Also the URL for any page in your site would be

http://www.your_comain_name.com/Site_Name/Page_Name.html.

So you really don't have to go thru the navbar routine above because you know your domain and site names so just tack on the page names.

OT

iWeb and hidden pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.