Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages showing wrong profile picture on iPad

When sending an iMessage on my iPad it shows my sister's FB picture next to my message. I've tried everything I can think of to have it pull my FB picture, including unfriending my sister! Any ideas how to get the iPad to show my picture when I send an iMessage? One good thing is the pictures don't show on iPhones so my friends don't see it's the wrong picture. Still, it's frustrating and I'd like to fix it.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 9:26 AM

In the Contacts app on your iPad, what picture is shown for the Recevie At address in Settings>Messages?

5 replies

Jan 31, 2013 3:34 PM in response to jkjaer

To clarify, here is the solution (iOS 6.1):

1. Go to your home screen and open the Settings app.

2. Scroll down the list on the left until you find "Mail, Contacts, Calendars." Select it.

3. Scroll down the settings on the right side until you see "Contacts." Loo at the setting under it called "My Info." Is that you? (For me, my wife's name got chosen somehow.)

4. Tap it and choose your name from your contacts. Do it over as many times as necessary for iOS to get the point. (It took me three times to select my own contact instead of my wife's.)

5. Go check out Messages and see if it worked. If it didn't check to see if iOS is dumping your own info again. (I noticed that this happened after Facebook decided to add everyone who ever looked at my profile into my contact list.) You may need to make setting changes to any application that is messing with your contact info.

iMessages showing wrong profile picture on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.