Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad and IPhone stuck in recovery mode after trying to update to ios 6

I tried updating to ios on my Ipad 2 via computer and after the update downloaded a error message appeared my Ipad is now stuck in recovery mode. Is this happening to anyone else? SORT IT OUT APPLE!!!!

IOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 12:21 PM

72 replies

Sep 19, 2012 4:04 PM in response to jetpackmaster

I am also having the same issue. I downloaded the update on my phone, it then told me to connect to itunes and when I connected to itunes it began telling me that my phone was stuck in recovery mode. It just keeps going through the "recovery mode" motions, but not actually getting to the installation process. Any suggestions how to stop the cycle? I uplugged my iphone at one point from itunes and did a manual shut down/restart of the phone but it just cycled through again.

Sep 19, 2012 4:34 PM in response to jetpackmaster

I am having the same problem, however I cannot get it out of recovery mode. I was updating on iTunes, then it game me an error message, and my device (ipad 3rd gen verizon) will not get out of recovery mode. iTunes won't detect it when I plug it into my computer, even when I tried powering it off and holding the home button to plug it in, as suggested. I've tried every thing I can think of, but I can't get it out of recovery mode, and iTunes will not recognize the device. I also have the latest version of iTunes installed. Any Ideas???

IPad and IPhone stuck in recovery mode after trying to update to ios 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.