Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't turn on wifi option on iOs 6??

Wifi option is grayed out and set to off...unable to turn to "on" after iOs6 update

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 12:33 PM

13 replies

Sep 19, 2012 4:59 PM in response to samuelgarcia87

I just got off the phone from Apple Support. Had to go into settings and General. Go down to Reset and choose that, then choose Reset Network Settings. The phone will reboot and then when you go to connect to WiFi you will need to re-enter password. All was fine for me after that.

Apple phone support was excellent, once you're able to get onto them.

Jan 7, 2013 1:49 AM in response to chris_teixeira

I used the battery draining method to get the wifi working again, and it worked the two days ago.

However yesterday evening the iPhone stopped finding networks though I could select wifi, after powercycling the phone, I then got the grey wfi button so couldn't select it. I drained the battery again in exactly the same way as before and powered on again, but this time it didn't work.

This is a pain as I use wifi all the time, plan B is a factory reset, Plan C is a Samsung Galaxy 3.

Can't turn on wifi option on iOs 6??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.