Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sounds ios6

I have just updated to IOS6, and i cant use the vol buttons on the left of the phone? why is this

also music doesnt play sound at tall nor does audio from youtube

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 12:39 PM

11 replies

Sep 19, 2012 1:14 PM in response to Liquadia

All sounds came back after rebooting, unplugging the phone from my macbook, and then leaving it alone for 5-10 minutes. Didn't need to restore. I put up a post here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4310684?tstart=0 hoping people with any similiar issues would see it. Basically the issue was the phone wasn't settled in with the new software that soon after the update and was slightly glitchy as a result.

Sep 19, 2012 10:18 PM in response to Liquadia

I have had the exact same problem: sound is completely gone, except for when I go into Settings>sounds and choose a ringtone.

People were saying in different forums on the net that the update makes your phone think it is on a dock, thus the absence of sound and FX from apps.

I plugged mine into my sony dock for about an hour, letting the phone play through my playlist on a quiet volume, I came back to it after lunch (about an hour) and took it straight off the dock, pressed play on the song and it was playing happily. So I'd reccommend putting it on a dock if you have one or a device that lets you plug and play and leaving it.

I have now got keyboard clicks, ringtones, vibrations and everything is shibby!

Sep 20, 2012 9:46 AM in response to jagarciag

Mine was never hacked, or jailbroken either and my sounds disappeared at first. All sound was restored after while after a reboot unplugging and plugging the phone back into my macbook a few times, and letting the phone lock itself and sit idle for a few minutes like I said in my thread. I talked to a couple people earlier today in person who lost their sounds as well on never jailbroken both 4 and 4S phones. It should fix itself for most regardless, it's just a matter of how long or if you want to reset the phone.

Nov 9, 2012 3:33 AM in response to modular747

My phone was never hacked or jailbroken either like other people have commented. iphone 4 worked perfectly fine up to last night. installed ios6 and i now have the kind of problems listed above. I've tried all sorts of things like rebooting, restoring, docking/undocking, etc.

It seems clear to me Apple iOs6 has a significant bug and they're not acknowledging it. I was never a huge Apple fan (bought first gen ipod, loved it until it died after 13 months, no help from Apple), my iphone was given to me for work purposes.

But they take poor support and corporate responsibility to a whole new depth. Very disappointing stuff.

no sounds ios6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.