Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command-R only gets internet recovery

I have a late 2010 MBP running OSX 10.7.4. Recently had a hard drive crash and while replacing it, service center apparently updated firmware as well. I have restored my data and have a working recovery partition as evidenced by (1) When I start my mac holding down the alt key the recovery partition appears along with the main hard drive and I can boot into it (2) "find my mac" works. However, when I press command-R during start up I only get internet recovery, implying that the recovery partition is not accessible. Has anybody experienced this and is there a way to fix it? I tried resetting my NVRAM but the problem persists. The reason I care is that I'm afraid that if I re-enable filevault 2 requiring the recovery partition, the system may not restart properly or at all. Any advice appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 12:44 PM

1 reply

Sep 21, 2012 2:34 AM in response to EthanW6258

I have a mid 2012 macbookair shipped with Lion, and after clean install Mountain Lion I have the same problem.

I CAN see my recovery partition, I CAN boot from it if I hold the Alt-Key while booting,

BUT

If I do the Command-R to enter in the recovery, then It FAILS to boot the recovery partition and it boots from the internet recovery.

I'm also afraid something it is not OK and I may have problems in the future for example if I enable file-vault?

Any Ideas about this?

Regards

Command-R only gets internet recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.