Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received iPhone 5 (UK) tracking number, confirmation email and text. Number not working in UPS. I pre-ordered at 9:30am 14/09/12 in UK. Anyone else having this trouble?

Can anyone tell me what they think might be happening here with UPS?

Is it because it takes a while for UPS to get the tracking number on the system...?

It's a bit stupid to provide a tracking number so soon, if tracking isn't even available yet. Doesn't make sense!

Maybe I am too impatient, but who isn't, right? :-)

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 2:39 PM

Tracking numbers are allocated long before the actual item enters the UK delivery network. It will appear at some point.

4 replies

Sep 19, 2012 2:40 PM in response to AT190609

Yeah im in the exact same position, apple said it's shipped and showed tracking numbers on their website but the ones I saw were invalid tracking numbers for UPS(10 characters), I then phoned Apple and the lady their gave me the actual tracking number(18 characters) which was a pre-signed number meaning it had not been activated on the UPS system, she said wait till tomorrow(20th) or Friday morning and it will be activated.

I'm personally pretty sure it will be activated sometime tomorrow.

Received iPhone 5 (UK) tracking number, confirmation email and text. Number not working in UPS. I pre-ordered at 9:30am 14/09/12 in UK. Anyone else having this trouble?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.