Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts missing after iOS 6 upgrade

After upgrading to iOS 6, my Contacts are missing. Can anyone help me?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 3:00 PM

16 replies

Sep 20, 2012 2:58 AM in response to RamsesTMagnum

If you are having contacts somewhere (icloud.com, mac address, backup) you will be fine!

Restoring them and updating to icloud.com will fix half problem.

Important, login to icloud.com to make sure the contacts are there!

Other half and the main solution is clash between new separate settings in iOS 6 for icloud (above mail, contacts, calendars) and mail settings with icould account. Here are the steps:

1. Delete first icloud account in mail settings (if you have all the contacts in icloud.com erase them from iphone)

2. Delete the separate main icloud account

3. Restart iPhone (just in case, but might not be necessary)

4. Enter the user name and pass in the main icloud account

5. You should have now synced all the contacts from your icloud.com

This worked for me!

Sep 23, 2012 4:31 PM in response to RamsesTMagnum

I have the same problem, too. After the iOS 6 upgrade, all contacts vanished. I thought they were backed up in iTunes, buy resyncing my 4S didn't help. I've changed the settings for Contacts and for iCloud and that didn't help either. I've rebooted the phone several times - nothing there, either. When I log into iCloud on my computer, the contacts are empty there, as well. I've tried every suggestion in this thread - no luck there.

I'd hate to input all my contacts again manually - there were hundreds - but I'm afraid that's what I'll end up doing.

Any other suggestions?

Sep 23, 2012 5:22 PM in response to OneidaDave

I just managed to get my Contacts back - every last one of them - except for one that I added an hour or so before the upgrade.

I'm not taking credit for this - here is the original post that solved my problem and restored all my contacts:

This happened to me! Grrr! I tried ALL the above suggestions and none worked so I just kept fiddling around with settings etc and found a solution that worked for me:

Connect iphone to itunes, go to iphone summary and switch from ‘back up icloud’ to ‘back up to computer’, then go to info tab and right down at the bottom of this page is advanced settings ‘to replace info on this iphone’, click on contacts and then sync!

Hope it works for you as it did for me! Good luck!

Dec 30, 2012 11:43 AM in response to RamsesTMagnum

Guys Ive tried ALL of the above but still no joy

I think this happened after upgrading to iOS 6, but some contacts which were on my phone are no longer displaying in 'My Contacts' however when I type the number in manually they appear. They are also listed in my Whatsapp contacts so I know they are on my phone.

I have also tried checking for them on iCloud.com however they are not there either. I have also gone to contacts Groups to make sure it says display all contacts which it does.

The biggest question here is I had this problem on my 3Gs and have just got the iPhone 5 and the same issue has happened here?!?!

Jan 27, 2013 4:03 AM in response to RamsesTMagnum

I know that I do not have contacts in icloud because I never had them selected for cloud backups so it made me realize that by have contacts turned on by the upgrade, it was only showing me the 'contacts' I had on icloud (aka nothing). So I simply turned off contacts on my cloud account (through the mail settings screen) and voila my contacts were back :)

I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure if I were to turn contacts back on now that everything is resolved, that it would sync properly.

Jan 27, 2013 4:09 AM in response to Wrill

I just turned contacts back on and my theory was right. It gave me the opportunity to merge the two lists and everything is still working fine.

Also the part I forgot to mention is that when you turn contacts off on the cloud it will ask you if you want to keep or delete the ones on your phone. CLICK KEEP

contacts missing after iOS 6 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.