Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps Is A Complete Disaster In The UK

Since upgrading to iOS6 the new Apple Maps is useless in the Uk. I looked at where my parents live in the West Midlands. All the place names are in completely the wrong places. E.g. Dudley is where Hagley is. Stourbridge is not even shown. Oldbury is about 15 miles in the wrong place. I noticed this in the space of 3 minutes! God knows how much of Maps is actually correct. I certainly wouldn't trust it to get me anywhere!

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE MAJOR ISSUES WITH MAPS IN THE UK?

I know the reasons why Apple wanted to move from Google Maps but to release something that is just not fit for purpose is beyond me. I have bought many Apple products over the years, iPods, imac, MacBook, etc etc and this change to maps has left me very angry. I have the iPhone 5 on order for delivery on Friday and I am now seriously considering cancelling it and moving to Android ( I didn't think I would ever say that!). The rest of iOS6 is great but Maps has destroyed all the good in iOS.

Apple, please give us Google Maps back until your own product is equal to Google's offering.

At least Apple's huge mistake has saved me £600!

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 2:56 PM

3 replies

Sep 20, 2012 1:35 AM in response to prayme

What a blur and ugly sepia look to satelite images, I have already downloaded Google Earth that shows the same area in crisp clear images. Locations are few and far between in Essex, and some pinned in the wrong location due to incomplete Post Codes. Mostly upsetting is the inability to street view pinned locations. With Apple Maps, it's like walking backwards in a developing world.

Apple Maps Is A Complete Disaster In The UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.