Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2012 8:11 PM (in response to nhorsthuis)
After updating to iOS 6 on my iPhone, the music app showed all my playlists, albums, artist etc, with "0.00” as the playtime. I turned iTunes Match off then back on, and then got the now familiar 'iCloud' icon with an unmoving status bar, with the Internet wheel turning in the status bar to the right. I decided to try syncing to iTunes, but once I loaded it and iTunes match immediately started up as well, iTunes told me only one library could be matched at a time. I've never encountered that before, so I'm thinking perhaps iTunes Match is synching up to iCloud from my phone, and being close to the 25,000 song limit, this could take some time. Just a thought.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2012 8:15 PM (in response to nhorsthuis)
Just restored the software, you know, since I had a spare 2 hours... Fixed the problem for me. iTunes Match is now working as expected. Unfortunately, it wiped all of the "downloaded" songs.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2012 8:25 PM (in response to nhorsthuis)
Two more points:
1. I tried purchasing an album to see if at least I could have new music, and I cannot listen to it. I also thought that this might allow me to turn off iTunes Match and they wipe the Music Library clean under Usage, but it still showed that I have "No data" in Music, despite the fact that it has been downloading the album.
2. I noted that in order to have the iCloud symbol with the non moving progress bar, you need to turn on iTunes Match under both the "iTunes & App Stores" settings AND the "Music" settings. I also note that if - while the iCloud logo and non-moving progress bar are showing - you try to move away from that screen, iOS 6 will automatically turn off iTunes Match.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2012 8:35 PM (in response to deviant optimist)
I'm finding that if you turn on Match under iTunes & App Stores it turns off Match in Music. If you turn on Match in Music, it turns it off in iTunes & App Stores. How were you able to get it to stay on for both of them? Turning it on in either of them says it will replace the music on the phone with the music in Match. I'll bet this conflict is at the root of the problem.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2012 8:36 PM (in response to EricSherman)
Docked with iTunes, clicked the Restore button under Summary, and waited... and waited... for it to restore and copy back all my apps. One other thing I should mention. I turned off Match on the phone before restoring. Don't know if that would make a difference or not.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2012 8:48 PM (in response to KEGPhoto)
Re: "How were you able to get it to stay on for both of them?"
I turned on iTunes Match in iTunes & App Stores first and then (like you said) it turns off iTunes Match in Music so I turned it back on again. When I go back to iTunes & App Stores it is still on.
THAT SAID, now I keep having both of them turned off automatically. I think it is getting bumped off every time I receive any sort of notification (eg an email). I wish I could just turn the bloody iTunes Match off and get my storage back. I guess I will need to hook up to iTunes when I am back at home....
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2012 9:05 PM (in response to nhorsthuis)
Updated iPhone4 over WiFi. Same problem here. Every time I turn Match on/off, it loads the cloud just fine, then shows all artists, but no real music. I'm noticing the total number of songs increases by the album length each time I do this...so one of my 11-song albums now claims 44 songs. I'll likely give up now, wait for a fix from apple. Their BUSINESS is music, they just don't understand this whole match business.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2012 9:19 PM (in response to nhorsthuis)
I have the same problem too. I thought it was because of my library which was way to big! So i try to start iTunes match on my iTunes and then i restart the iTunes Match on my iPhone. I am having iPhone 4 by the way and updated with iOS6 just incase if you are wondering. Now, it is still showing the cloud icon with a blue bar below it. It did so like that just now but my library are all empty with no musics inside. I am trying my best here to get all my songs back into my iPhone through iTunes Match.
P/S : i checked my iPhone storage. the 'OTHER' part is 4GB! what is that 4GB??
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2012 9:51 PM (in response to nhorsthuis)
Updated Ipad 2 to OS6. All the music album covers, book covers, etc present but nothing really there.
1.Tried a wired sync thru Windows ITunes - it wanted to copy my entire ICloud music to the IPad - no way there's room for that on my IPad.
2. Based on other posts about OS6 issues did a hard reset (Home and Sleep buttons held for awhile). This time Music had only a nice cloud icon and a very very slow moving status bar. When finaly done - no real change in situtation - all covers and no actual songs or books.
3. Tried the wired sync again - this time the sync worked. A big chuck of memory became free (hmmm about the size on the music I had on it). Still only cover art with no song titles or book chapters. I had purchased a new book right after the OS6 upgrade. It's title showed up but NO cover art or actual contents. Lots of the album cover art gone - replaced by the note icon.
4. Did a wi-fi sync from the IPad - nothing.
5. One more hard reset just for the heck of it.
6. Settings - Music - turned ITunes Match to OFF. Guess its an improvement - now everything is gone:)
7. Turned ITunes Match and Show All Music back ON.
8. AHhhhhhh - familiar spot. The music now has only the nice cloud icon and that very slow moving status bar.
6. Bedtime - Scheduled appointment in the am for a tech service call - any bets that occurs on schedule?
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2012 10:02 PM (in response to nhorsthuis)
Having same issue with both iPhone 4 and iPod Touch - iPad2 and my wifes 4S works fine.
Initially all my files were there but, disappeared once i got down to play it. Ex: All my artist were listed and albums - the songs were gone.
Then i tried to turm iTunes Match on and off. Then i got the cloud icon and it hasn't moved in 4 hours.
Other is large file over 15GB in both - when I look at it through wire sync on my mac.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points