Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume buttons in Apple headphones are dead in iOS6

Hay I just updated to iOS 6 and the volume buttons in the apple headphones don't pause, play, or even change the volume.

Please help. 😟

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 3:06 PM

15 replies

Sep 20, 2012 6:34 AM in response to HunterOSx

Try the following:

- A reset. Nothing is lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod.

If you still have the problem that indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order

Sep 26, 2012 9:29 AM in response to jaydeemoore

Was able to confirm on a friends 4S that with iOS 5 the headphone buttons work, and as soon as iOS 6 is loaded they no longer work confirming its not a hardware issue such as a bad jack or headphones. I'm gonna open a case with Apple and reference this discussion thread to show that others are having this issue and maybe they'll even touch base with others having this problem. I'll post the results here.

Sep 29, 2012 3:59 PM in response to HunterOSx

I am as well having this same issue. I have a 4S running iOS 6. I've tried a few different headphones and none of the buttons work. I have tried the headphones in my iPad 2 running iOS 6 and the buttons work fine. Very frustrating. I've also tried restarting and resetting my phone. Both of which didn't fix the issue. :(

Volume buttons in Apple headphones are dead in iOS6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.