Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to install and update apps after iOS 6 update on iPad 2

I installed iOS 6 on my iPad 2 with no problems but then when I went went to the App Store to update some apps, the apps just say waiting. I then tried to download a new app and I get the same thing, just waiting. I tried restarting my iPad as well as resetting all settings but this didn't work. Is there some way to get the App Store to update and download apps without just getting stuck waiting?

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 3:15 PM

14 replies

Sep 19, 2012 5:08 PM in response to 2littlejs

Make sure that you do not have a stalled download in iTunes - a song or podcast .... if you have a download in there that did not finish, complete that one first. Only one thing can download at a time on the iPad so that could be what is causing the problem.

If that doesn't work - sign out of your account, restart the iPad and then sign in again.

Settings>Store>Apple ID. Tap your ID and sign out. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Go back to Settings>Store>Sign in and then try to update again. Tap one waiting icon only if necessary to start the download stream.

You can also try deleting the waiting icons - tap and hold down on an icon until it wiggles - the tap the X on the icon to delete it. Then try to download again.

Sep 20, 2012 1:23 AM in response to 2littlejs

I updated the iPad 2 to iOS 6. I got unknown error 3014 probs, but then did a restore. Apple Apps worked fine, but all other apps were marked as "Waiting". I found the only thing to do was a hard reset, then restore as new iPad, then synch. That worked, but for a moment I got into a loop where I thought the thing was bricked. It took several attempts to get past the "Unknown error 3014" thing.

Sep 20, 2012 6:23 AM in response to zimond

I tried deleting all apps that were waiting to update and then restarted my iPad. I then tried to start reinstalling the apps I deleted and it still says waiting. I really don't want to restore to factory settings and install everything from scratch. I don't have anything waiting to download in iTunes so I don't know what the hangup can be. My husband's iPad and my iPod touch 4g update apps with no problems after installing iOS 6. Are there any other suggestions? I'm getting so frustrated.

Unable to install and update apps after iOS 6 update on iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.