Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background Tasks window not working after 10.8.2 upgrade

Just upgraded Mac OSX to 10.8.2 today. Using Final Cut Pro X 10.0.5. Background Tasks window will not come on by clicking on it or using Command 9. Timeline changes to a darker and lighter shade of grey, but no Background Task box. This also means that you can't pause the background task once they are started.

Anyone else have this problem?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:17 PM

Does resetting your preferences clear this out?

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

14 replies

Jan 26, 2013 7:55 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I am having this problem using 10.8.2.

I have trashed preferences using the Digital Rebellion program and it has not removed the issue. It occurs when I remove a second monitor from our MBP. You can see cmd+9 is toggling something (timeline changes shade), but the tasks window is nowhere to be seen.

If I connect to a second monitor and drag it back over, I'd be OK - problem is when I'm working remotely and don't have that option available.

Mar 16, 2013 10:25 AM in response to kbuehrens

As with other situations where a window is not visible, it is likely just off-screen where you can't see it. If your main "Final Cut Pro" window becomes inactive (close, minimize, and zoom buttons turn grey) when you attempt to open the "Background Tasks" window, this indicates that the window is definitely opened, it's just offscreen somewhere.

You can solve this problem by forcing FCPX to gather up all of its windows without having to delete your preferences:

1. Attempt to open the Background Tasks window in FCPX,

2. Switch to System Preferences->Displays and change your display resolution,

3. Switch back to FCPX and verify that you now have your missing window back,

4. Switch back to System Preferences and change your resolution back to its previous setting (likely the "Best for display" radio button).

--

Andrew

Talking Animals Channel - YouTube

youtube.com/talkinganimals

Background Tasks window not working after 10.8.2 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.