Previous 1 2 3 Next 38 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2013 7:11 AM by tch-Central
Morac Level 1 (100 points)

After upgrading to iOS 6, the keyboard shortcuts on my iPhone 4S no longer work.  Not only that I can't change them either.  If I add or delete a shortcut, it simply goes back to the way it was when I exit the settings and go back in.   My iPad 2 doesn't have this problem, only my iPhone 4S.

I tried restarting as well as doing a reset (hold home and power button).

Any idea how to fix this? 

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, AT&T 32 GB
  • GomerStraw Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem, iPhone 4, Rogers (Canada).

Only difference is I can edit and change shortcuts. They just don't work. I even tried deleting certain shortcuts and re-inputting them, to no avail.

• Morac Level 1 (100 points)

I managed to fix this.  First I tried reseting all settings, which didn't work (don't even bother).

Next I went into Settings -> Safari -> AutoFill and tapped "Clear All"

That fixed it. 

I just wished I thought of that before reseting all my settings.  It was a PITA setting them all back up and I lost my wallpaper.

• Draga Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem here. Shortcuts won't delete either. The "Settings -> Safari -> AutoFill -> Clear All tip didn't work for me either.

• ToooGQForYou Level 1 (0 points)

Same here. And the solution posted here didn't work

Update: I've confirmed shortcuts work normally on iPad 3 after upgrade to iOS, but not on iPhone 4.

• ninya Level 1 (50 points)

Hi, the solution here did not work on my iPhone either... Please help!

All my shortcuts are still in the shortcuts folder or whatever you want to call it but using it or enabling it doesn't work.

• Morac Level 1 (100 points)

If you want to go through all the steps I took:

1. Restart

2. Soft reset (hold home and power until Apple logo appears)

3. Reset keyboard dictionary

4. Reset all settings

5. Clear autofill

Only after the last step did things start working.  Prior to that I couldn't make any changes I made to the keyboard shortcuts stick, though every now and then changes would take.  Sometimes trying to delete a shortcut would crash the settings app.  In all cases the shortcuts didn't work.

• Acurry Level 1 (0 points)

I did not have auto fill on so clearing it did nothing. I tried deleting my shortcuts and redoing them, still nothing.

• ToooGQForYou Level 1 (0 points)

Standard restart worked for me

• Berudil Level 1 (5 points)

Thanks for the fix Morac! That made the shortcuts work back again! I really appreciate!

• GimpySR Level 1 (0 points)

Hi, I did the restart and it solved the problem but I notice the shorcuts were working for a new conversation but not old ones. I clear all imessages conversations, start new ones and it was fine to me.

Interesting, I woke up this morning and tried the shortcuts and they work now, on old messages, new messages, everything. I didn't change anything from last night. Not sure what happened, but nice to see this working again.

• TFSweden Level 1 (5 points)

Had the same problem. Tried various tips above and in other threads to no avail. Figured the new iCloud function syncing the shortcuts was the problem so only after turning off Documents and data under iCloud in Settings and then on again did they start working again.

• Cindiva Level 1 (0 points)

that finally worked for me thanks TFSweden

Previous 1 2 3 Next