Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match - missing albums iPhone

Has anyone else had this problem?

I finally got all (read: most) of my music into iTunes match. I deleted all of the albums on my iPhone as I wanted to make sure I had good copies for everything matched by iTunes match. I selected a bunch of albums and hit download all tracks for each album (a painfully slow process given the lags on my iPhone 4). I then went to bed while everything downloaded. In the morning I noticed that some of the albums were not there. I turned on display all albums on my iPhone and saw that the albums are no longer listed in my library. I went to my Mac and saw that they are indeed still in the cloud. I went to my Apple TV and saw that they are listed there as well (under music aka iTunes match). I turned tried restarting my

Phone but the albums are still gone. That was about a week ago and they have yet to return. I'm hoping they will show up when I get my new iPhone.

It's a pretty scary bug since you can no longer manually add music with iTunes match.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 4:15 PM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2013 1:20 AM in response to Murahachibu

Same here. I've just joined iTunes Match (yesterday) and it took around 12 hours to upload ... Woke up today to see lots of albums missing. How can this be fixed? Is there a page in iTunes that lists what won't sync (and why) and then tells you possible fixes? Be good to just see a list, as there's probably more albums that I've not noticed aren't syncing.

Otherwise, iTunes Match is great... just doesn't give any feedback!

Can anyone help? 😟

Thanks,

Steve

Mar 26, 2013 1:57 AM in response to Striderz

I think I may have discovered my problem .. Doing an Info on any of the missing tracks from Match reveals that I bought those off the iTunes Store years ago using my old account! So, these are legit tracks but registered using an email account (apple ID) that I no longer have / use.

But they still play fine within iTunes on my Mac - they just don't sync in iTunes Match. Confused!!

Anyway around this? :(

iTunes match - missing albums iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.