Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 iPhone 4S make a podcast playlist

A new "feature" of iOS 6 is the moving of all podcasts to the podcast app. While I enjoy what the podcast app does, I don't like the inability to see / place / play my podcasts from a manually created playlist. Putting my podcasts in a playlist is a part of my daily routine, so if anyone has any ideas how to set this up again, I would appreciate the assistance.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 1:35 PM

Not a solution, but a BARELY acceptable workaround.

Once I get my playlist for the day all set, I highlight everything and change the media type from "Podcast" to "Audiobook". I can still speed up the playback and All my synchronization works.

BTW - even with today's update in the Podcast app, every time I mark a podcast as "Mark all as played", any sync or app update resets the "Mark all as played" setting.

PLEASE, Apple, I don't mind some new things, but at least give us something that works *better* than what we had before.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2012 1:35 PM in response to Craig Gorsuch

Not a solution, but a BARELY acceptable workaround.

Once I get my playlist for the day all set, I highlight everything and change the media type from "Podcast" to "Audiobook". I can still speed up the playback and All my synchronization works.

BTW - even with today's update in the Podcast app, every time I mark a podcast as "Mark all as played", any sync or app update resets the "Mark all as played" setting.

PLEASE, Apple, I don't mind some new things, but at least give us something that works *better* than what we had before.

iOS 6 iPhone 4S make a podcast playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.