Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

*SOLUTION* No Wi-Fi after iOS6 install ! > READ ME<

Ok so I had the problem of no Wi-Fi connectivity after installing iOS6.

Here's the solution that has worked for me.

Go to "Settings" > General > Reset > Reset network settings.

The phone screen will show the Apple logo and progress bar, probably go blak for a few seconds, the phone will reboot, having deleted any network info you had stored previously. To re-connect simply add your router or connection point as you would normally.

Hopefully this works for you all !

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 4:43 PM

9 replies

Sep 19, 2012 5:12 PM in response to Ironaiden

If you are having the issue where it takes you to a login page, goto Settings > WiFi and tap on the blue button to the right of your network name. There'll probably be an option to auto-join and you'll want to toggle that. If it's off, turn it on then back off. If it's on, toggle it off. If prompted to login again, just hit Cancel in the upper-right. Now goto Safari app and you should be prompted to connect to your network at which time it should work. It did for me at least and a friend of mine.

Sep 19, 2012 5:14 PM in response to Ironaiden

this worked for me:

This is how to properly restart your iDevice:

- Hold both buttons (top and bottom) at the same time for around 10 seconds until the screen goes off.
- Immediately release both.
- Press top button until Apple logo shows up.
- Wait forever until device comes alive. (This REALLY does take long time, but do not worry)
- Bingo, your network problems should go away.

Worked for me

Sep 19, 2012 5:29 PM in response to dirty_bird18

You're talking about a restart but give steps to reset the iPhone. The steps you provided are similar to pulling the power plug to your computer instead of shutting it down properly. While doing it when the computer (iPhone) is unresponsive would be fine, consistently doing this will corrupt your files.

The proper way to restart the iPhone is to:

1. Hold the top button down until it says "Slide to Power Off" on the screen.

2. Slide to power off.

3. Press top button again to turn back on.

*SOLUTION* No Wi-Fi after iOS6 install ! > READ ME<

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.