Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 update wifi problems

My iPhone 4s is unable to connect to wifi after the latest iOS 6 update. Any solutions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 4:48 PM

what i did was

1. got to setting>wifi>turn off

2. restart phone

3. turn phone back on

4. turn wifi back on

5. connect to your wifi

my wifi stayed connected after i did this no problems!

hope this helped!

6 replies

Oct 8, 2012 9:08 PM in response to xjellybeanz

I'm having problems with my iPhone 4 after I installed the new update iOS 6. Sounds kind of the same as you. Wifi problem. My fiancé never updated his phone and he has the same model. His works like it used to. But not mine. Mine drops wifi all the time in close ranges of my router. In places I've had full bars before. Now I have poor wifi. And now I see what's the culprit. ( iOS 6 ) apple needs to fix this issue. I should be able to restore it back to iOS 5 if I stop the backing up once it shows the name of my iPhone in iTunes. I don't like how the iOS 6 version is anyways. If apple wasn't in a rush to put the iPhone 5 and the iOS 6 update out to the public, they could have a lot happier customers

I've also tried that to but it did not work

Apr 21, 2013 1:40 AM in response to bchandra

I'm not sure, haven't been on there in a while. But they have blocked me from that forum before untill I threaten them and said that there guilty for blocking me. Does it say unauthorized access? That idiot djny is retarted so I had to stay away. But over the last month I only had about maybe 7to 10 emails from that community. So yea maybe apple shut it down, cuz a lot was on there. And there trying to hide that wifi issue, due to many threaten them with taken legal action. Which I don't blame. How does the iPad 2 do with the 6.1.3 iOS version? Any wifi problems still?

iOS 6 update wifi problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.