Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding people to Shared Photo Stream

Hello.

I have two questions that I would like to put out there.

1: I have made a test Shared Photo Stream but I haven't added anyone, yet. Now that I have made it and I have added some pictures I just can't see the option for adding more people..

2: I can add photos but once I get people subscribed to my Photo Stream will they be able to add photos.

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 4:46 PM

9 replies

Sep 19, 2012 5:39 PM in response to PixelManiac

I too think this is an oversight from apple. You should be able to

1. Share an album Facebook style ( which is what shared photo stream is right now)

But, since we all have social media accounts this is useless as is.

2. Allow some members to add photos (useful for compiling family albums!)

3. Definitely have the choice later on of adding more people- major problem guys!

So yeah, looking forward to the fixes in the new release!

Sep 19, 2012 5:57 PM in response to PixelManiac

Thanks folks.. I've actually figured out how to add people to the stream..

On the iPad I click edit then click on the shared album. (Not when inside the album)

On the iPhone I click the blue right arrow on the album.

A for my second question I have yet to get people to join my stream and see if they can. It would be great if they can.

Thanks.

Sep 24, 2012 4:36 PM in response to PixelManiac

I have created a couple of Shared Photo Streams over the weekend and it was simple to use and one of the most useful features in iOS 6.

Yes you can add people whenever you want even after you have already started a stream.

Yes you can remove/delete those invited from the stream.

Yes you can add pictures whenever you want to that stream. We took a group camping trip this weekend and I added pictures to the stream throughout the weekend.

Once you send the invite for your friends to join the stream they will receive a notification to accept or decline. And you will get a notification if they accept or decline.

When you add photos those added to the stream will get a notification that you added pictures.

The biggest need is the ability to give people the access to add photos to your stream.

Jun 19, 2013 8:20 AM in response to PixelManiac

It's super easy to do, but may not be obvious. In iPhoto on the Mac, on the list on the left of the screen, go to Photostream. If you already have a shared collection of photos, it will appear there, select it (just click once, you don't need to actually open it and se all the photos). When selected, info should apear on the right side (if there is no info on the right, click on the little "i" in the lower right). In the middle it shoudl say "shared with" and list who you have already shared the photos with. In that box of shared friends, just paste the email address or apple id of another friend you want to add. (If you have thier address in your address book, go there and copy it and then paste it in back in iPhoto). I agree, it should be a little more obvious how to do this.

Adding people to Shared Photo Stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.