Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

personal hotspot?

after upgrading to ios 6 my personal hotspot dissapeared and won't come back after reseting network settings. i also called att and they couldnt do anything either??

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:56 PM

74 replies

Sep 19, 2012 6:28 PM in response to rossvarrette417

I suppose this gives you a messsage to contact your carrier...when you updated, did you use a backup to restore any previous settings and other info? Any information missing such as contacts, messages, wifi points, etc? Just trying to see what you have and haven't done yet. Also trying to pin down what could be happening to that specific option.

Sep 19, 2012 9:33 PM in response to rossvarrette417

Same issue. When I went to settings for the first time after upgrading to iOS6 both VPN and Hotspot were there. Tried selecting it, it went into the menu once, I backed out, and then never saw it again. So I went into the the new "Network" menu now called "Cellular" and scrolled down. There is a button that says "Set Up Personal Hotspot". When you click it, it gives you a message to call ATT as if you are not a subscriber. I have paid for personal hotspot for over a year so I am a subscriber.

So I called ATT, twice. First person redirected me to their wireless hotspots division...duh... Second person very helpful. Said it showed I was provisioned correctly. I reset my network settings, did a power off/on, and even a hard reset...no joy.

There is a bug here somewhere. And someone needs to fix it as it is really ******* me off and I know now from this thread it is not unique to me.

Sep 19, 2012 11:42 PM in response to rossvarrette417

I have the same issue. I have the mobile share data plan and I should have personal hotspot feature on my iphone 4s. but after updating to iOS 6 i can't use it anymore and is giving me the same error message. my line showed different device so I called it in to change my equipment to iPhone 4s hoping that would fix the issue but it didn't. I made an appoitment tomorrow morning with tech support at Apple. I hope they are able to resolve this issue. Best of luck

Sep 20, 2012 2:41 PM in response to rossvarrette417

Trye to reconnect to your wi-fi router.

Settings -> Wi-Fi -> (the blue arrow at the right of you wi-fi conection name) -> press the "Forget this Network" button.

Then reconnect to your wi-fi. Go on and see if you get a IP adress from you router.. You can see it by going in troug settings, like here on top. If not, then press "rewnew" button.

It was what i did when I was faced with the same issue...

personal hotspot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.