Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders Badge Count

Running 10.8.2

It seems that the badge count is stuck on 2.

I have deleted items in Reminders. I have added items. I have closed the app and relaunched. The badge count is stuck at 2.

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:22 PM

6 replies

Sep 29, 2012 6:53 PM in response to josephavellino

It seems that this update "hid" any previously created lists that were local to the device.

Here is how to fix your badges.

Open Reminders

In the search box type a single letter - example C

You will see a list of all your reminders, even the hidden ones, that have that letter as the first letter of any of their words.

Any uncompleted ones should be on top.

Either mark them as Completed or if they are still pending, move them to a new list.

You may have to repeat this with several different letters until you find your task(s) that are causing the badge icon to be wrong.

Oct 14, 2012 9:15 AM in response to josephavellino

Sounds like there are two issues here. One is that if you have hidden items, you have to clear them out to get your badges to start working. The other, though, is an open bug where the badges won't live update as reminders pop up. This one is yet unsolved.

Apple- can someone help out with this? I've filed a bug report but gotten no response. Please let us know anything we can do to help identify the cause. Thanks!

Reminders Badge Count

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.