Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast app is limited

IOS update took away podcasts from playlists. The podcast app does not allow podcasts to be added to pay lists. Why would an update take away nt enhance?

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:20 PM

8 replies

Sep 21, 2012 7:25 AM in response to clodene

Not sure what was meant above, but I had to repeat and sync a couple of times to get it to work...

Delete the Podcast app. For good measure, delete it on your Mac/PC as well

Close the Music App by double clicking, hold down one of the apps that appears until the "no entry" sign appears and close the Music App.

Switch off and power down the iphone,

Reboot and try to sync again.

Repeat until it works!

Sep 26, 2012 10:19 AM in response to jockblue1

Steps I took:

1: Delete Podcast App

2: Sync Phone (Not sure this was necessary)

3: Double Click Home Button

4: Press and hold on one of the apps in the new program list, (this list is everything currently running).

5: Scroll back and forth to find the music app and click on the "No Entry" sign

6: Press the home button two more times, (to exit the end program subroutine, and then get back to the main page)

7: Restart Music App

It seems that now all my podcasts have black/grey circles next to them indicating if the podcast has been played or not instead of the blue circles it used to have, but aside from that, everything seems to be normal. Perhaps you'll have to repeat this process but it worked for me on the first try.

Jan 21, 2013 8:23 AM in response to ScotBirmingham

Thank GOD I found this. When the podcasts grew their own app, a whole bunch of problems plagued me ( I listen to a lot of podcasts).

This was a nice simple fix that got me back to normal, after the IOS6 update.

I also have a little box in my car that allows me to play all of my iPod tunes.....I can control the touch right on the steering wheel and on the radio buttons, and all the info is displayed on my stereo as well. This was no longer usable after the podcast app became seperate, as the box only integrated with the music app, so that's back to normal too.

I really didn't see anything positive about the seperate app......and in fact, I found it to be very buggy.

Jan 24, 2013 4:35 AM in response to JMC911

Well, it's almost perfect. If you delete the Podcast app, you lose the ability to update a podcast on the fly. I used to be able to just go to the store and download the latest (or a new) podcast. Now it gives me a note saying that I have to download the Podcast app to do this. Does anyone have another solution? I currently can only have iTunes update my podcasts, then synch with my touch.

This is still 100 times preferrable to running that horrible Podcast app.

Podcast app is limited

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.