Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reinstall my iPhoto Application after accidentally deleting it?

Hi everyone!

I have found the Receipts folder in Librabry of the Macintosh HD and tried to reinstall iPhoto by running BSD.pkg. Unfortunately, the disk cannot be run and show me a message saying "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.).". As a result, I'm now stuck and do not know what to do to get my iPhoto application back. Please help me out, I really appreciate your help!

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 11:02 PM

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2a: On 10.5: Go to HD/Library/Receipts and remove any pkg file there with iPhoto in the name.

2b: On 10.6: Those receipts may be found as follows: In the Finder use the Go menu and select Go To Folder. In the resulting window type

/var/db/receipts/

2c: on 10.7 they're at

/private/var/db/receipts

A Finder Window will open at that location and you can remove the iPhoto pkg files.

3. Re-install.

If you purchased an iLife Disk, then iPhoto is on it.

If iPhoto was installed on your Mac when you go it then it’s on the System Restore disks that came with your Mac. Insert the first one and opt to ‘Install Bundled Applications Only.

If you purchased it on the App Store or have a Recent Mac you can find it in your Purchases List.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2012 11:02 PM in response to dung19phan

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2a: On 10.5: Go to HD/Library/Receipts and remove any pkg file there with iPhoto in the name.

2b: On 10.6: Those receipts may be found as follows: In the Finder use the Go menu and select Go To Folder. In the resulting window type

/var/db/receipts/

2c: on 10.7 they're at

/private/var/db/receipts

A Finder Window will open at that location and you can remove the iPhoto pkg files.

3. Re-install.

If you purchased an iLife Disk, then iPhoto is on it.

If iPhoto was installed on your Mac when you go it then it’s on the System Restore disks that came with your Mac. Insert the first one and opt to ‘Install Bundled Applications Only.

If you purchased it on the App Store or have a Recent Mac you can find it in your Purchases List.

Sep 20, 2012 8:43 PM in response to Yer_Man

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, my Mac is Late 2011 model which has iPhoto installed and no Disk come with the package.

Yesterday before deleting my iphoto, I had tried to update my iPhoto, there was a duplicating problem. Then I paused but could not resume downloading process, so I just deleted it in the purchase list.

I have followed your instruction to delete some iphoto pkg files.

Also when I went to the App Store and click "Accept" to try to reinstall, I got a message say that "These apps were already assigned to your Apple ID and are available in your Purchases list."

I'm stuck now and don't know what to do. I have so many important photos in iPhoto, also so have an assingment to get done by Sun but cannot go to Apple store to fix my Mac because of my weekend job. Do you know how to force the App Store to reinstall my iPhoto again?

Apr 1, 2013 6:17 PM in response to jahousley

Just open the App Store and go to Store, choose View My Account, then enter your Apple account password. You will see your account information, in the section of iTunes in the Cloud, click on the link of View Hidden Purchases, then your iphoto should be there, click Unhide --> Done. Then you just need to go back to tab Purchases, install the iPhoto app again. Done! Good luck!

How do I reinstall my iPhoto Application after accidentally deleting it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.