Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change AppStore ios6

After upgrading to ios6, my iPad, yet not my iPhone, tells me I'm unable to download any updates because my store is not the us store yet my apps are bought from the us store, so I must switch back to the us store.

However it doesn't tell me how.

My appleid is the same it has always been and it works fine on my iPhone with the us store.

How do I fix this?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), Thunderbolt-2-HDMI

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:15 PM

17 replies

Sep 27, 2012 2:09 PM in response to santiagofrommiami

You're not alone santiagofrommiami and Viclr33, I too have the same problem with my iPhone 4 with iOS6 and my ID is on the Kuwaiti store since I'm from Kuwait. I guess it's an iOS6 bug that urgently needs to get fixed by apple!

My problem is that I can't download or update any app, when I try to, it says "Your account is not valid with the (Country) store....etc" Where country changes every now and then, sometimes US, UK or even Canadian!

I can't switch back to the Kuwaiti store whatsoever because I'm already on that store, and that happens with my brother too who owns a US id on an iPad3! Everything is working fine on my iOS5.1.1 iPad3 with the same id I use on my iPhone, and for that reason I still didn't update my iPad and wont until it gets fixed.

What I tried:

1- Backed up and restored my device.

2- Used another ID, with "none" as billing info, and then added that info, problem still exists!

3- Deleted every billing information and changed the country, changed it back to Kuwait and put down my billing info.

4- Used my friends ID's that are working fine on their iOS5 devices, but not on my iOS6 device.

5- Tried to change my info and write it back using iTunes, first time it worked for couple of hours, then stopped working and have been trying since then, can't get it to work.

Hope that what I've tried saves you time from going through any procedure you wanted to go through, it wont be fixed until apple fixes it, I guess!

Feb 28, 2013 6:33 PM in response to iSafaQ8

Well thats not the case at all. My store is Kuwaiti, my ISP is Kems Kuwait, but my app store changes to different countries more than before i posted my first reply. The new entries are India, Philipines, Saudia Arabia, Egypt and more. The issue started with iOS6, and still presists with iOS6.1.2 .. Seems Apple care less about customer satisfaction than how to compete against rival companies with brand new ideas and features regardless of how well they operate!

RIP Steve Jobs and old App Store!!!!

Apr 16, 2013 5:56 PM in response to santiagofrommiami

I had a similar issue happen to me, my fix was turning genius off as it is not as much of a genius as it should be. It was searching out apps in the American store instead of Canadian store. I haven't updated in recent months and I have a iPhone 5, but same exact problem. Shows proper address....shows proper country I am in, but fails to send me to the proper store. The genius selection is settings/iTunes&app stores/apple id/turn genius off. I hope this helps but if this is redundant to your question, I am sorry.

Sep 16, 2013 3:06 PM in response to santiagofrommiami

I had this same problem. Signing in and out didn't help, I still got the message saying I needed to switch to the US store.

Turns out I had 3 apple IDs:

1. US apple ID, call this one USID1.

2. US apple ID, call this one USID2

3. UK apple ID, call this one UKID3.

After an iphone restore I was logged in as USID1. I had a number of applications that said they had updates. Clicking on them gave that error message telling me to switch to the US store.

I signed out of USID1 and signed back in as USID1. It now showed dollar prices, but same error when I went to the app update page and clicked update app.

I signed out of USID1 and signed in as USID2. Now, I got no errors when I clicked on the update apps.

I suspect that clicking on update for apps purchased by USID1 require you to be logged in as USID1, otherwise the apple's store gets confused.

Sep 16, 2013 3:18 PM in response to Andy Milne

I suspect that clicking on update for apps purchased by USID1 require you to be logged in as USID1, otherwise the apple's store gets confused.

The App Store is not confused. Apps are forever tied to the Apple ID they were purchased under. You need to be signed into the ID the app was purchased under to update the app.

Sep 16, 2013 3:41 PM in response to paulcb

paulcb wrote:

The App Store is not confused. Apps are forever tied to the Apple ID they were purchased under. You need to be signed into the ID the app was purchased under to update the app.

Under "normal" conditions, when you click on update, it'll pop up a dialog with the apple ID that you purchased the app with, and it'll ask for that apple ID's password.

But, when you've used multiple international accounts at the App Store, the App Store gets all confused and tells you that you need to log into the US App Store, instead of popping up a dialog for the password, even if you are already logged into the US store.

It's just a software bug, and let's hope apple has this one fixed in iOS 7. If not, try my workaround - it worked for me.

Change AppStore ios6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.