Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing imessage between iphone and ipad..still having trouble

upgraded to ios 6 on both iphone and ipad today. iphone will send & receive from phone number as an option but my ipad will only send from address and doesnt show the phone number option? it still doesnt sync text messages between my iphone and ipad2. ive been trying to figure this out but havent had any luck. anyone help or in a similar situation? thanks in advance!

iPhone 4, iOS 6, other product is ipad 2

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 9:49 PM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2012 4:37 PM in response to JPKsentra90

Go to each device and turn imessage off.

Then go onto your iphone, turn imessage on, add your @me.com or @icloud.com email address. It will show Send and Receive at 2 addresses (your phone number and your email address) and then below it will say "Start New Conversations from: phone number"

You will get message asking if you want to associate your phone number with this email address? Hit yes.

Then go to your iPad, turn on imessage. Set it up the same way as your iPhone. It should now show your iPhone number on the iPad.

They should now remain in sync.

syncing imessage between iphone and ipad..still having trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.